Happy Birthday Doctor Octopus!

    Today, October 5th, Doctor Octopus turns FOUR!

    He's the only kitty who's adoption story I haven't shared yet so today is the perfect day to do so!
    (You can find Leaf's story here, Squid's story here, and Professor Stingray's story here.)


    We adopted Doc just over three and a half years ago! I remember it like it was yesterday..
    Kevin and I went to town to pick up pizza from our favorite pizza place, Colucci's. The pizza wasn't done yet so we went down the road to a new pet store we had never been in. The inside was cramped, there was a dog who wouldn't quit barking and the place reeked of hamster cage. Since there were only a few animals in the place we headed back to where the dog was and that was the first time I saw my little boy. He was in a small cage with another cat beside this obnoxious dog. I immediately asked if I could hold him. He was restless, he wouldn't sit still in my arms (I assume the dog was upsetting this poor little kitty) and over all just wasn't very friendly. Normally this would be the point where I would just put him down. whatever you don't like me, fine, I don't like you either. But there was just something about him. He was so precious I couldn't bear to let him go. All the while I'm holding him the lady is explaining to me that her sisters cat had birthed this tiny kitten, he was the runt and last to find a home. All the others had been gone for a while and that today was his last day at the store and if he didn't find a home soon that they were just going to take him back and keep him for themselves.

    the very first photo of Doctor Octopus.

    We had had Squid for about 4 or 5 months at this time and I was ready to adopt another since realizing how awesome she was. He was the perfect addition, he was even on sale - marked down from $30 to $15. We thought he was a steal. (That was until $600 in vet bills happened...) She put him in a cardboard box, we brought him home and that's that!

    a week or so after we got him.

    Doctor Octopus is the best cat! He's very friendly, always the first to make friends with guests. He likes to chew on plastic bags, jump up on the kitchen counter and wait for someone to catch him stealing bread ties, play dress up (I swear he does!), step on my bladder first thing in the morning and get his neck pet. He also recently has taken up the hobby of jumping up beside people, farting and then walking away. I love the heck out him.

    Happy Birthday buddy! Prepare to be spoiled rotten today!!
    xoxo

Post Title

Happy Birthday Doctor Octopus!


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-birthday-doctor-octopus.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive