The Undone Dandy

    The Undone Dandy
    The Undone Dandy
    If I still worked in a conservative office, this would be my daily uniform. When I worked for a finance company in MA I wore very classic, conservative, preppy looks everyday- think head to toe Brooks Brothers. Since none of the other girls dressed like that, people in the office used to stare at me as if I had grown gills. It was quite funny but also a bit annoying. I mostly just shrugged it off and kept wearing what I loved. This was also back when I invested in my wonderful boy's duffle coat and tartan kilt, which you can see here in a post from last October! The Undone Dandy
    The Undone Dandy
    Around the same time, I also bought this camel hair coat. Since I couldn't find an affordable version that I liked, I searched ebay and found this never worn vintage camel hair coat for $50! It was a bit big and needed to be taken up in the sleeves and hem, but still worth the cost. I don't wear it very often, but it's fun to pull it out of my closet for those rare occasions when I want to wear a long, duster coat and feel oh so classic! Here's another old post where I'm sporting the coat.The Undone Dandy
    The Undone Dandy
    Photos by Cole. Thanks, darling!
    Vintage camel hair coat, vintage suspenders and vintage men's Timex: ebay
    Vintage blouse: thrifted
    Silk trousers: J. Peterman
    Blimey oxfords: Seychelles
    Glasses: Oliver Peoples, Deacon
    Socks: Madewell
    Primary Satchel: Urban Outfitters
    ...
    Bit by bit, I'm working my way through your amazing comments. If you haven't received a response yet, fear not. I'll get to it soon. ;)

    Yours,
    Maria Sig 2

Post Title

The Undone Dandy


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/10/undone-dandy.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive