August in Review

    new blogs I found & enjoyed:
    Advanced Style. I already shared my love for this blog in a Friday Favorites post but it's too fabulous to not mention again.
    Diversions. She is so snazzy. I would really really enjoy raiding her closet!
    An Eclectic Heap. Also super snazzy with a raid worthy closet.
    Vanillery Garden. She has a gorgeous blog full of pretty pictures and excellent content!

    my favorite posts this month:
    Jackpot - I've got a mushroom permit, and I'm not afraid to use it. (hahaha)
    Pymatuning Deer Park - I could look at these pretty deer photos all day!
    It's the little things - like sleepy Squid.
    What Doctor Octopus wore - I have the fanciest cat in all the land!!
    What I wore; Colorblock Dress - Gosh, I really love this dress.
    Why are baby animals so cute? - A tiny turtle so cute you might get teary eyed!

    new (to me) movies I watched:
    Blue Mountain State: Season 1. This isn't really something that I would normally watch (I'm not really into college movies about partying) but I thought this was hilarious and I tore through the first season in a matter of days. I can't wait to watch season 2!
    Love Stinks. I really liked this movie, but I might be biased because I really like Bridgette Wilson (the girl from Billy Madison, if you're not familiar with the name) and French Stewart.
    My Teachers Wife. I love hating Christopher McDonald in movies, he plays a good jerk in movies.
    True Crime.
    River's Edge. This was such a good movie, one I'm surprised I've never seen before. It was hard to work while watching because I just kept watching the movie!


    exciting happenings on and offline: 
    • Celebrated my birthday the whole month (boo at today being the last day of my birthday month!!)
    • I started working on a new project that I've been planning for months and months. I can't wait to announce it once I get a little bit more done! I'm really proud of what I've gotten done so far.
    • I realized morning star "bacon" is absolutely delicious and I've been eating it non-stop. It's been nearly five years since I've had real bacon and this stuff is better than I remember it ever being!! Tip: Toast some bread, spread vegenaise on both pieces and put some "bacon" in the middle. Your belly will thank you!
    • Planning another get together with Elycia is pretty exciting! I can't wait to see her and Ivan again. Boy, oh boy, do I wish they lived in Ohio.
    • I bought a brand new iMac for myself on my birthday. I'm still so in love with it, and wondering why I didn't buy one sooner. Work is so much more fun now. I love using photoshop on that big screen!


    a tiny (and incomplete!!) list of things I'm thankful for this month:
    • well behaved cats who love to cuddle • chocolate milk • delicious corn on the cob • netflix • my family • great weather! • having a dream job • beautiful state parks and "undeveloped" land.
    good music • the coolest nieces and nephew you could ever dream of • state fairs • spending time with old friends • slushies! • hair "mistakes" that turn out awesome • technology (and skype) allowing me to have a business meeting with a friend • squeeze-y hugs from my dad • free furniture • having great thrift luck lately!! •


    August was great, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm STOKED about September. Fall is by far my favorite season.
    xoxo

Post Title

August in Review


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-in-review.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive