My first Auction.

    The weekend was wonderful. I went to my first auction! Well not my first, but the first that I enjoyed. I had previously been to tool auctions and junk (cheap, imported crap) auctions but never an estate auction.  This was a blast.
    My dad invited us to come with him, I uninterestedly looked up the auction online and immediately wanted to go. They had an ice cream lamp! There were two auctioneers, one doing larger things (like furniture, guns, and the lamp!) in the front and the second doing the box lots in the back. Kevin and my mom stayed up front to bid on the lamp and my dad and I stayed by the box lots looking for goodies.
    Most of the boxes went for a dollar, sometimes they couldn't get a buck for the box so the auctioneer would throw in another box so people would bid. It was a lot of fun, it was a lot less stressful of an ordeal than I pictured auctions to be. I suppose the fact there wasn't tons of people helped too. By the end I was able to guess who'd be bidding on what box.
    Some of what I got this weekend-
    (heh, isn't that neat how the pictures kind of line up but not really. it's two separate shots)
    As you can see, I got the ice cream lamp. (thank you momma!) It's so so so pretty. Kevin says it has to go in my craft room, but we'll just see about that.
    The kitties were pretty curious.

    My other favorite purchase was actually from a community garage sale at the fair grounds (so glad I saw the sign for that, it was amaaaazing). This giant nesting doll!
     The smaller ones in the picture didn't come with her, but I had to take pictures of her with them to show her size. The small ones are normally nesting doll height which I'd say is a pinch shorter than my hand.
    I almost didn't get her! I pick her up, and was admiring and my mom asked if I wanted it, I said no, thinking it'd cost a fortune (I saw a set this big at a flea market for almost $200!) but she decided to ask how much the guy wanted despite my "mom, no, mom stop, moooom" (hehe. apparently, you're never too old to act like a teenager embarrassed of their parent). He said his wife had bought it simply because there was vodka inside and she had no interested in the doll and only wanted $2. Yesssss! I snatched her right up and held for dear life.

    The best, I don't have a picture of, it wouldn't fit in Kevin's car so my parents are going to have to bring it over later this week. A gorgeous old singer treadle sewing machine (like this)! You know how much she cost? $6. I'm so happy, I've been looking for one!!

    I am now an auction lover! I'm really excited to go to another and find more things for ridiculously awesome prices!!

    I do have one little gross story from the auction though - I was digging through a hamper full of sheets. Towards the bottom there was some knick knacks, I was picking things up and taking a look at them since the hamper was pretty deep and I couldn't really see down there. I grabbed a handful of things, looked and found in my hand.....A POOPY PAIR OF PANTIES. It's (kind of) funny now, but I was in complete shock! Ugh, that is so gross!

    xoxo.
    Holy cow, that might have been my most text heavy post ever!

Post Title

My first Auction.


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-auction.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive