Personalized Post & Presents by guest: Melissa Esplin

    I like to have stationery lying around the house, but it seems that when I need to send out a much-deserved 'Thank You', I'm fresh out. In which case, I'll write the message on thick cardstock, round the corners and with decorative paper sew an envelope and send the felicitations on their way. The more outrageous the paper, the better, right? Also, no need to be embarrassed by inconsistent or scribbly handwriting with a faux fancy handwriting tutorial, via design*sponge. I only wish I had thought of that when I was addressing my wedding invitations nearly 3 years ago.

    _dsc2693sm1

    In addition to always coming up short with stationery, it seems that I never have a gift box just the right size, and gift bags usually end up in the recycling bin as we have zero storage space. So when I have to wrap an awkward shaped gift (example: baby outfits, little diddies or edibles) I sew it shut like my envelopes! No better way to wrap a unique shape than by making one in the process, right? And if you sew with the stitches close enough together, the recipient can just pull at the ends and rip the package right open from the perforation! Slick.

    _dsc2702sm

    For the tutorial on packaging your post and presents, click here.

    For more tutorials and craftiness, please visit IS•LY at melissaesplin.com.

Post Title

Personalized Post & Presents by guest: Melissa Esplin


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2009/03/personalized-post-presents-by-guest.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive