The Collector: Part 10.

    The tenth (!!!) collection I'm going to be sharing is my collection of brooches! I like new ones, old ones, big ones, small ones, colorful ones and ones not so colorful, I don't discriminate! ;)
    To be honest, I don't really wear them as often I'd like. In high school I had a really bad habit of losing pins and brooches, they would fall off my coat or backpack and I wouldn't notice until it was too late to look for them. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. I keep them in a little container that I dump out every week or so to dig through. It's the same small rush that digging through a container full of buttons gives me.

    It's hard to pick favorites because I really do love them all. I try to only buy ones I'm absolutely crazy about so my collection doesn't get too out of control. Here are a few of my absolute favorites;

    A replica of a Cochise County (Arizona) sheriffs badge. My dad gave me this a few years ago, he found it in a dollar box he bought at an auction. (My dad loves going to estate auctions and cannot resist buying a box of junk as long as it only costs a dollar. Literally some of the best stuff comes in those boxes that no one else wants!)
    And an ugly little caterpillar with a knapsack, also from my dad. There's just something really charming about this little guy.
    Of course, my enamel flower brooches are some of my favorites as well. It's kind of hard to find more of these for my collection when I refuse to pay more than $5 per piece. I've found that even thrift stores mark these darn things up.
    Anyone else collect brooches?
    xoxo

Post Title

The Collector: Part 10.


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/collector-part-10.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive