Recipe- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

    Chocolate chip cookies- super easy right? Well not when you're really picky! I'm extremely particular about textures of food, it can taste awesome but if the texture is "wrong", I won't eat it.

    This is, I guess you could say, a popular recipe. Except for the fact it's not vegan, so here is what I did.

    Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
    (original, non-vegan here)
     Ingredients:
    • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup vegan butter. (I use smart balance brand)
    • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
    • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 "eggs" (I use Ener-G )
    • 1 bag vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375° F.
    Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add "eggs". Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. 
    Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet before storing. Do not stack while cooling or storing without a layer of parchment paper in between. 
    Overview:
    Would I ever make it again?   

    • Oh my gosh, YES! YES! YES!
    Pros?
    • Best cookies ever.
    • Quick and easy. 
    • You know that fresh out of the oven cookie taste? It has that for days. So gooey and good!
    Cons?
    • Batter is so sticky, I prefer to make balls of cookie dough instead of spooning dough.
    • I hate using egg replacer...
     Notes:
    •  Um, have I mentioned these are delicious yet? The original recipe is the one my mom always used (so they've always been my favorite) but I just recently started making the vegan version for Kevin. I honestly like them better than the original. They have the PERFECT cookie texture!
    • Like I briefly mentioned before, you don't want to stack the cookies. You'll never get them apart without breaking them!
    • My oven runs a little hot, things tend to cook quicker in my oven than any other I've ever used. The cookies won't look done at 8 mins but that's when I take them out, after cooling on the cookie sheet for a few minutes they start to look done, and not so much like a pile of batter.
    • I also wanted to mention that those chocolate chips I linked to up there are not very tasty straight out of the bag, they taste bland. But don't be put off, they are amazing after you bake them.
    xoxo.

      Post Title

      Recipe- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


      Post URL

      http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies.html


      Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

      Popular Posts

      My Blog List

      Blog Archive