Books



    Here are some things I am perusing this week and last week. Yikes, I am a little behind with my sharing.

    1.Domino: The Book of Decorating - Sad to see the magazine disappear, but this book shares a lovely collection of some of their favorite rooms, a way to savor those decorating looks and tips.

    2.Tartine: This is a selection of recipes from beautiful bakery in San Francisco that I have yet to visit. The book is a work of art in itself, and I am in the mood to make something delicious after flipping through these pages, banana cream pie... with caramel and chocolate anyone?

    3.Three Cups of Tea : We are reading this in my book club this month. I have yet to crack the pages but I am intrigued by the back cover quote, " The astonishing, uplifting story of a real-life Indiana Jones and his remarkable humanitarian campaign in the Taliban's backyard." Anyone read this?

    4. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle : Although I am only on disc 3 I am fascinated by this book (which I am listening to on cd). It discusses the lack of agricultural education we have in the U.S. and how we don't really have a food culture. Well-known author, Barbara Kingsolver moves with her family to deliberately eat food in the most local way possible. To learn more check out their website.

    What are you perusing lately?

Post Title

Books


Post URL

http://charlotte-lifesaboutthejourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/books.html


Visit Charlotte Lifes About The Journey for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive